Karmanos Weisberg Cancer Treatment Center
31995 Northwestern Hwy, Farmington Hills, MI 48334
Mon: 7:00am - 5:00pmTues: 7:00am - 5:00pmWed: 7:00am - 5:00pmThur: 7:00am - 5:00pmFri: 7:00am - 5:00pmSat: ClosedSun: Closed
Pancreatic Cancer Specialists
If you or a loved one has been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer, or if you have a concern about a possible diagnosis, make an appointment at Karmanos. It’s important to be evaluated by cancer experts before beginning treatment.
The Karmanos Gastrointestinal & Neuroendocrine Tumors Multidisciplinary Team includes surgical oncologists, medical oncologists, radiation oncologists, interventional radiologists, pathologists, pharmacists, specialized nurse practitioners, dietitians, social workers, research personnel and genetic counselors.
The team is entirely focused on treating gastrointestinal cancers, as well as clinical research revolving around gastrointestinal malignancies, and shares its collective expertise to create a customized treatment plan for each patient. The team uses the latest technologies, including da Vinci® Si™ Surgical System and minimally invasive surgical procedures, to achieve prime success for our patients.
Every patient that visit the Gastrointestinal & Neuroendocrine Tumors Multidisciplinary Team receives personal attention. The team meets regularly to discuss patient care issues and refine individual patient treatment plans.
Patients who benefit most from a consult with our specialists include:
- Any patient with cancer of the gastrointestinal or neuroendocrine system to initiate treatment or to secure a second opinion
- Individuals with a personal and/or family history suggestive of hereditary gastrointestinal cancer, which includes any of the following:
- Colorectal cancer before age 50
- Ten or more colon polyps
- Stomach cancer, specifically the diffuse type
- Presence of related cancers including colon cancer, endometrial (uterine) cancer, ovarian cancer, stomach cancer, sebaceous skin tumors, or primary brain tumors
At the Barbara Ann Karmanos Cancer Institute, you can be confident that you’re in expert hands at one of the nation's top cancer centers.